HAIR TODAY | GONE TOMORROW

So, the day we have been dreading but knew was inevitable has arrived. It actually started Thursday morning as we were on our way to chemo, Heather ran her hands through her hair and came out with a handful of her hair. Needless to say Thursday was a tough one for her.

She woke up Friday, went to her doctor appointment and decided it was time to cut it all off. Its not a good feeling seeing her hair that fell out all over the floors and furniture. I know it wasn’t for me, so couldn’t imagine how hard it was for her. Here are some photos from yesterday. Of course Mrs. Sherry wouldn’t let Heather go through this without some Fancy, Dom Perignon! Thanks to Carrie @ Salon Scarlet for all her help with this. We called on her to give one of the most difficult hair cuts she has probably ever had to give and we appreciate that greatly!

20120630-161731.jpg20120630-161808.jpg20120630-161756.jpg20120630-161831.jpg20120630-162036.jpg

20120630-162455.jpg

20120630-162602.jpg

20120630-162638.jpg

20120630-162711.jpg

20120630-162922.jpg

15 Responses to HAIR TODAY | GONE TOMORROW

1. J. says:

Thinking about you today. Stay strong. Sending lots of love your way.

2. John Novelle says:

Hair or no hair that’s one gorgeous woman !!!!

3. Ashley Owens-Majewski says:

Auntie Fancy- We Love You!!! You look absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!! Miss you much! Sending lots of positive thoughts and prayers your way!

4. Marlo says:

You are absolutely beautiful, amazingly strong and extremely positive! Let’s show cancer who’s boss, you got this girlie!

5. Rebekah says:

You make all things look fab, Heather. Praying for you, girl.

6. Toddy says:

I think you are beautiful! MyHyena! Smile!

7. Mindy says:

You are GORGEOUS!!!!! Crying tears as I look through these pics. I can feel the emotion. You are seriously beautiful…hair or no hair. Love you! Wish I could give you a big hug!!

8. Mary Jo says:

So gorgeous. You are loved- I think of you every day. Praying for you Heather!

9. jfravel135 says:

Collected Ginny from a pool if tears and enjoyed a bottle of j cuvĂ©e! Not DP but gets da job done! Love y’all, Derek & Fancy. Can’t wait to see y’all.

10. Scott Mason says:

Ugh……you look good without hair though. Love to you always, Aunt Scott

11. amy and chris says:

You are beautiful, brave and courageous. We love you both!

12. Mandy McLane says:

Every stage is one step closer to beating this! U couldn’t b more beautiful; not to mention, FANCY!

13. Courtney Hechler says:

Hi Heather and Derek! Although we’ve never met I feel like I know you. I am a lifelong friend of Denise’s and been keeping up with your blog and regular updates from Denise. You two are an amazing team and will win this fight! You both are in my thoughts and prayers and I’m proudly wearing two pink bracelets. I’ve been a Komen supporter for the past couple years participating in an annual Jazzerthon event to raise money which is something near and dear to my heart as I’ve watched other friends conquer their fight! Stay strong and Heather you are beautiful!

14. Rara Dawg Rhodes Berry says:

My friend my friend. You are beautiful. This was tough to read so I can’t imagine how tough it was for you. And Derek. And everyone there. You inspire so many people. Love you

15. Hatim Smouni says:

Heather: I just saw the news on a common friend’s blog. sorry that I am just finding out about this. Please let me know if you guys need anything. I am very involved in the fight against Cancer with the Rockefeller Cancer Institute and if you have any questions or need any advice I can send you to the right person/people. Stay strong and I know you will win this fight and come out strong. You look great without hair but now I am not the best looking bald person in Little Rock so please get your hair back soon so I can get that title back. :)