SEPTEMBER 28, 2012

I went today for my appointment for my double mastectomy. Everything went well and my doctor sat and listened to every single question I had. I brought my friend, Rachel, to ask the tough questions and when my eyes got glassy she took notes for me. I am slowly getting adjusting to the fact that I’m about to get my beloved chest removed and downgraded to my 12 year old self. Flat chested is better than cancer. I keep telling myself that and taking deep breaths. This may seem silly to y’all but it’s a big hurdle for me. Anyway, I got a surgery date today. November 5th is the date. Dooms day.

Blah. đŸ˜¦

Heather

12 Responses to SEPTEMBER 28, 2012

1. Scott Mason says:

So not silly, but certainly a lifesaver. Many of my friends who chose a different option have regretted their decision. Chin up……but I am talking to myself now…..

2. marti margrave says:

Heather, i’ve just got to meet you face to face…you are incredibly forthright, i appreciate that so much! There’s no telling how many lives you’re saving because of that! You rock so Fancy!

3. are you going to get reconstruction?

4. Sherry says:

This is not doomsday!! This is take your life back day! You are beautiful, string, brave, and FANCY!!!! So many people love you and we are going to be right there with you!!

5. Sherry says:

This is not doomsday!! This is take your life back day! You are beautiful, strong, brave, and FANCY!!!! So many people love you and we are going to be right there with you!!

6. Meagan Burkhead says:

Is Dr. Moffett doing your surgery? We can try to work out a day to get together if you want to hear about how mine went.

7. waynette says:

It’s not doomsday. I know this must be really hard.

• georgiajames says:

Thank you Waynette, you are so so sweet. There are a lot worse things than loosing my breast. I will be ok, just gonna take some good pain pills to knock me out! I’m going to be a wreck!

8. Olivia says:

You can get reconstructive surgery. A lot of women get masectomies and you would never have known by looking at them! chin up!